I would like to take this opportunity to welcome you to the Educational Learning Experience at The Arc Sullivan-Orange Counties. We are looking forward to working with your child and having you all be a part of the program. Our priority, first and foremost is the safety of each and every student we serve. We offer a dynamic and structured program that focuses on having your child gain the skills to move on to the least restrictive environment. We place an emphasis on individualizing the instruction in order to meet your child's needs. All of our therapists and teachers are licensed and certified in their areas of expertise. We pride ourselves on maintaining an open door policy for the families of the children while maintaining a secure learning environment with strict sign in procedures. You are more than welcome to visit anytime, we only ask that if you have a concern please feel free to make an appointment before or after school hours with the staff member. Our school day programs run from 9:00 am to 3:00 pm.
Our program goals are:
• To instill a LOVE OF LEARNING that students can carry throughout their lives.
• To provide age appropriate skill building activities that foster learning.
• To provide a safe and secure environment that allows children to thrive.
• To give children a sense of self-worth by allowing them to succeed at their own level.
• To encourage creativity and confidence through art, music and motor-skill activities.
• To build social skills including sharing, problem solving, making choices, cooperation, being considerate, taking turns, listening, sitting attentively, and learning appropriate behavior for certain situations.
Beth Laub MS. Ed SBL
Assistant Executive Director